Strong Woman Do Bong Soon


    Strong Woman Do Bong- soon (힘쎈여자 도봉순) was not the first k-drama that I watched but it became quickly one of my favourites.

   This K-drama aired on February 24, 2017, and ended on April 15, 2017. It is romantic-comedy which includes fantasy, thriller and action as well. The main cast is composed of three incredible actors: Park Bo-young as Do Bong-soon, Park Hyung Sik as Ahn Min-hyuk and Jisoo as In Guk-doo. In total, the K-drama has 16 episodes plus 1 special episode which contains the behinds-of-scenes.

Synopses:
    Do Bong-soon has strength powers that have been passed hereditarily to women in her family. Her biggest dream is to create a video game where she can be the main character and save the world. Min-hyuk, the CEO of a video gaming company (Ainsoft), meets Bong-soon when she tries to help the bus driver from being attacked by a thug using her superpowers.

   Later, Min-hyuk decides to hire Bong-soon as his personal bodyguard because he had been followed and received threats by an anonymous. He also gives her the opportunity to work in the planning department of his company if she succeeds as a bodyguard. Along the way, Min-hyuk and Bong-soon fall in love with each other. However, Detective Guk-doo has developed a crush on Bong-soon since elementary school and consequently, they are involved in a love triangle.


 Strong Woman Do Bong- soon Poster


*CONTAINS SPOILER*

My opinion:

    I think the drama was very well done. The story itself was interesting and light. The interaction of the main characters, Do Bong-soon and Ahn Min-hyuk, was very good. They seemed very comfortable around each other and seemed to have a lot of fun. Their love relationship was incredibly cute and sweet. Additionally, their facial expressions when they looked at each other were also on point. Moreover, I really liked when Minhyuk gets all flustered by Bong-soon. He is such a boyfriend material. He can be funny, cute and caring all at the same time. In other words, everything seemed realistic and I believe that is why people enjoyed this drama.

Related image
   
  I also must give a shout out to Kim Won Hae. He played two different characters. One is the gay employee at Ainsoft that has a crush on Min-hyuk. The other is the gangster that is hospitalised after being beaten up by Bong-soon. He did an amazing job and made me laugh so much. This only proves that he is a versatile actor and deserves recognition for his acting skills. The gangsters and the high schoolers were also very funny.

   Now moving on to the action/thriller part. I admit that the kidnapper was scary and the mask he used made him look even more creepy. I often asked myself: Who is this guy? Why does he kidnap women? What kind of trauma did he go through? After finding out that he acted that way because of he suffered physical abuse from his mother when was a child and because he was rejected by the woman he liked, I kind of felt bad for him. Still, the kidnapper scenes made this drama a little bit more exciting.

   The last episode, as expected, had a happy ending.  The twin babies were so cute but scary at the same time. I felt bad for Min-hyuk! He got a black eye from his daughters. I would not want to be their babysitter, that’s for sure! Hahaha

    Although it’s over, it’s a drama that I won’t forget so easily. I loved watching every single episode. I laughed a lot (I got scared a lot as well haha) but most importantly I fell in love with the characters and their stories.



Nb: I do not own any of these videos and pictures and I am not trying to infringe copyright here.

What do you think about Strong Woman Do Bong-soon?

I hope you have a lovely day and week! (:



Jesika x 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram