Books

Books are the perfect way to run away from your life full of problems.
And no, you may be thinking but I am not a nerd. Just a girl without a social life.

I was studying one of my favourite units of Law (that one that gives you the desire to throw your books out of the window), when in a moment of distraction (one of many) I realized the number of books that I have on my table, wondering what is so appealing to them, what do I like the most about them… Then I remembered of my room in Madeira, where I have all my favourite books perfectly organised. (eheh, again, not a nerd)


 Namely, the best of books is that they make us enter into another dimension. For moments, we forget about real life, our problems, the diary stress that we have to deal with, the repetitive news on TV that makes us wonder in which world we live and how things have changed and got to a point where effects may be irreversible. For that precious moments, we focus only on that characters and their adventures, the emotions that they transmit us.


It doesn’t matter if it is a Romance, a Science Fiction, a Mystery, pure Fantasy… each kind, when well written, make us hold our breath with is respective plot and characters, give us the desire to argue with the author when one of our favourites characters is cruelly killed, pass interminable moments trying to guess what is going to happen next (when we should be doing other things, for example, me that should be studying at this moment), and finally, have that moment of satisfaction when we arrive at the last page and we close the book with the sensation of duty accomplished (or simple depression for finishing a great novel).
To sum up, time is a VERY limited resource. Some of you may prefer to wait until the movie of certain book comes up or because don’t want to spend the few free times that have reading, or just because don’t like to read, but in my opinion, and don’t get me wrong on this I love the cinema, nothing can compare to the feeling to read the book, fell that we are a part of the context, and know the characters better than anyone.
The hours that you spent reading are always worth it!




What do you like the most about reading?

I hope you’re having a good day!

Nb: I do not own any of these gifs and I am not trying to infringe copyright here.


Mariana Nunes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram