Imagine Dragons


   Imagine Dragons is a well-known rock band from the United States, whose current members are Dan Reynolds, Wayne Sermon, Ben McKee and Daniel Platzman. The band has three albums, namely their debut album, released in 2012, Night Visions, Smoke + Mirrors released in 2015, and finally, their most recent addition to their discography, released last year, in June 2017, Evolve.

   Their talent has been recognized on multiple occasions, in fact, this legendary band has received one Grammy Award, three American Music Awards and five Billboard Music Awards. In addition, the group has done already two tours: Night Visions Tour, from 2010 to 2014, and Smoke + Mirrors Tour, and is currently in their third one Evolve World Tour. Imagine Dragons is one of my absolutely favourite bands, I love their music, their lyrics and the meaning and effort that they put in their songs. Unfortunately, I never had the opportunity to see them perform live, I assume that one concert of Imagine Dragons must be a memorable and unique experience.


   As I mentioned previously, Imagine Dragons music is amazing and deep. They sing about important topics such as mental illnesses, specifically anxiety and depression, bullying, deep feelings... Also, Dan Reynolds voice is so powerful, you can feel de emotions of the song through his voice.

   With this said, I want to share with you some of my favourite songs of Imagine Dragons, as well as my favourite verses of each one. You probably already hear these songs, but if you didn’t I hope you like it!

On Top Of The World
“I've had the highest mountains
I've had the deepest rivers
You can have it all but not til you move it”



   I believe that this was one of the first music’s I heard from them. The lyrics and the melody are so good and inspirational. Also, very energetic, that kind of song that when you start listening you just want to start dancing!


Radioactive
“I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive”



   Released in 2012, and it is still a song that I constantly look forward to listening. When I tried to interpret the song, I thought that it was a critic of what our society has become. Waking up one day with the realisation of the reality. However, Dan Reynolds has said in an interview: "Radioactive is really serious – it’s about my struggle with depression and anxiety". Additionally, in another interview for MTV, Reynolds stated that "Radioactive, to me, it's very masculine, powerful-sounding song, and the lyrics behind it, there's a lot of personal story behind it, but generally speaking, it's a song about having an awakening; kind of waking up one day and deciding to do something new and see life in a fresh way. (...) A lot of people hear it in a dark way, but, I think, without saying the word too many times, it's empowering, and so we wanted to display that in a way that the listener wouldn't see normally".

Whatever It Takes
"Always had a fear of being typical
Looking at my body feeling miserable
Always hanging on to the visual
I wanna be invisible"




   Another powerful song that talks about the struggles in life, and in the general fears that we have as humans in our society, yet with an inspirational message that encourages us to do everything, “Whatever It Takes” to follow our dreams.

Demons
"I want to hide the truth
I want to shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide"



   Everyone has flaws, troubles, everyone has demons inside. Each one of us has constant battles within ourselves. Nevertheless, we have to learn how to surpass our difficulties, how to live with our dark side.


Believer

"Second thing second
Don't you tell me what you think that I can be
I'm the one at the sail, I'm the master of my sea, oh ooh
The master of my sea, oh ooh"



   This song is amazing. It consists of a person that has experienced a lot of pain during his life but has learned important things about himself through those experiences, becoming stronger.

Thunder
"Kids were laughing in my classes
While I was scheming for the masses
Who do you think you are?
Dreaming 'bout being a big star
They say you're basic, they say you're easy
You're always riding in the back seat
Now I'm smiling from the stage while
You were clapping in the nosebleeds"



   I got addicted to this song from the moment I first heard it. Don't stop being a dreamer just because others think that your dreams are ridiculous, or because others think that you'll never accomplish those goals in your life.

Roots

"I'm going back to my roots
Another day, another door
Another high, another low
Rock bottom, rock bottom, rock bottom
I'm going back to my roots
Another day, another door
Another high, another low
Rock bottom, rock bottom, rock bottom
I'm going back to my roots"



   This song is about the fact that no matter how much in a dark place you are, how lost you feel, you always have someone with who you can count on, family or your closest friends. You can always come back to your roots.

It’s Time
"It's time to begin, isn't it?
I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admit
I'm just the same as I was
Now don't you understand
That I'm never changing who I am"



   About this song, Dan Reynolds said in an interview "It’s Time is a song I wrote at a low point in my life. It started as a poem then I turned it into a melody and recorded it on my computer. It was a song for myself to cope with the low points of life – I was dropping out of college at the time. To hear it on the radio is a bit baffling". Don't feel the necessity to change just because others pressure you in that way, we have to be proud of who we are.

Walking The Wire
"Oh, I'll take your hand when thunder roars
And I'll hold you close, I'll stay the course
I promise you from up above
That we'll take what comes, take what comes, love"



   This song is all about love, a couple that promises to surpass together all the difficulties that may arise.


   To sum up, Imagine Dragons is a unique and fantastic group. All their songs are so good, inspiring, with powerful words and deep messages. This post only contains a small amount of the greatness that is their work, this band has a lot more of beautiful songs that are definitely worth to check out.

What is your favourite song from Imagine Dragons?

I hope you are having a beautiful day!

Nb: I do not own any of these videos and picture and I am not trying to infringe copyright here.


Mariana Nunes 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram