5 Comedy TV Shows that you should watch


   Who doesn’t love a good comedy show? One capable of making you laugh from the first minute until the last second? Personally, I love to watch funny TV Shows, and they are often my number one choice when I have time to see some TV, or when I am having a stressful day and wish to forget my problems for half an hour, or more if I decide to watch more than one episode, what happens most of the times since it’s pretty addictive: if you start watching you never know if or when you will be able to stop. For instance, I remember that I started watching How I Met Your Mother (the first TV Show that I watched among the ones that recommend on this post) thinking “I will watch one or two, just today since I have nothing else to watch”, and well things definitely didn’t go as I expected, I loved the series and before I realised how I had seen the first few seasons almost all.

   With this said, life itself is so stressful that it is always good when we have the chance to stop a little and laugh out loud at our favourite characters comic and often embarrassing stories. This way, I decided to share with you five of my favourite TV Shows that never fail me to make me smile. Likewise, keep in mind that there are a lot more of good shows like these, for example, Hart of Dixie, The Office, Two and a Half Men, 2 Broke Girls, Young Sheldon, Hot in Cleveland, The Mindy Project...

Friends
   Friends is a classic from the nineteens. The series is about a group of six friends, their lives, crazy adventures and hilarious stories. The viewer follows the journey of Rachel Green (Jennifer Aniston), Monica Geller (Courteney Cox), Phoebe Buffay (Lisa Kudrow), Ross Geller (David Schwimmer), Joey Tribbiani (Matt LeBlanc) and Chandler Bing (Matthew Perry) along ten seasons and can’t help but laugh at their scenes, that show their comic struggles in a professional level, but also personal. They are not afraid of meddling in each other's lives, especially regarding the loving aspect.

   Jesika and I did two posts in which we list our favourite moments from Friends, if you are interested you should check out. I guarantee you that you will have a good laugh.


How I Met Your Mother
   How I Met Your Mother relates the story of Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor), who tells his son and daughter the story of how he has met his wife, their mother and in addition, the countless stories about his failed relationships until he met the woman of his life. Also, Ted narrates the hilarious adventures of his group of friends: Robin Scherbatsky (Cobie Smulders) by whom he instantly falls in love in the beginning, a girl who wants to achieve high things on her journalism career, the lovely couple constituted by his best friend Marshall Eriksen (Jason Segel), the most compassionate member and a lawyer whose dream is to save the world, and Lily Aldrin (Alyson Hannigan) a kindergarten teacher with a strong personality, and last but not least the legendary Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris) who is not afraid to share his opinions and endless stories.



The Big Bang Theory
  This TV Show is about the group of best friends Leonard Hofstadter (Johnny Galecki), Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons), Raj Koothrappali (Kunal Nayyar) and Howard Wolowitz (Simon Helberg), who are extremely intelligent men but on the other hand very awkward with regard to social situations. Their lives start to change when Penny (Kaley Cuoco) moves in next door, in the same building of Leonard and Sheldon, and stars hanging out with them. Later, the scientists and Penny are joined by Amy Farrah Fowler (Mayim Bialik) and Bernadette Rostenkowski (Melissa Rauch).

   The Big Bang Theory is an amusing show with unique stories. Additionally, Sheldon is for sure an unusual character that brings the viewer some of the funniest scenes.



Last Man Standing
   Last Man Standing is a TV Show about Mike Baxter and his family: his wife Vanessa (Nancy Travis) and his three daughters Kristen (played by Alexandra Krosney in the first season and Amanda Fuller in the other five), Mandy (Molly Ephraim) and Eve (Kaitlyn Dever). Mike is a man among women. Furthermore, Mike is an old-fashioned man, with an extremely strong personality, values and opinions. However, as they say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, and Amanda, Mandy and Eve have strong personalities as well, which lead us viewers to funny situations with this family. Although they sometimes argue, the family is always in the first place, and they never forget it, being always willing to help each other.

   The Show also shares the stories of Ed Alzate (Héctor Elizondo), Chuck Larabee (Jonathan Adams), Kyle Anderson (Christoph Sanders) and Ryan (Jordan Masterson).



Parks and Recreation
   Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) is an ambitious woman, a bureaucrat in an Indiana Parks and Recreation Department. Namely, she has big hopes for her town. The story begins when Ann Perkins (Rashida Jones), a nurse, demands a construction pit next to her house be filled in after her boyfriend, Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt), fell in and broke his legs. Leslie vows to turn the pit into a park, despite resistance from selfish neighbours, governmental red tape and a lot more of other challenges. The TV Show also features Ron Swanson (Nick Offerman), April Ludgate (Aubrey Plaza), Tom Haverford (Aziz Ansari), Ben Wyatt (Adam Scott), Donna Meagle (Retta), among others.



What is your favourite comedy TV Show?

I hope you are having a momentous week.

Mariana Nunes

4 comments

  1. I love Friends, Parks and Rec and How I Met Your Mother. I've recently really got into "The Good Place" (with Kristen Bell) and I binged "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" (which pairs comedy with drama and is basically a musical, there's at least two songs every episode and it focuses heavily on mental health) and I also enjoy Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I will definitely check "The Good Place" and "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" out when I get some time. I am really curious about these TV Shows, the stories seem to be very impressive. I have also heard interesting things about "Brooklyn Nine-Nine". Have a delightful weekend! - Mariana

      Delete
    2. I hope, I'll see some reviews at some point and that you'll like these shows :)

      Delete
    3. For sure! In fact, I have already watched some scenes of "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" and I loved it, I can't wait to really begin to see the series seriously. Rebecca seems to be such a unique character. - Mariana

      Delete

My Instagram