Our Month in GIFs - February 2018


Here’s what happened in February:

Jesika Gomes:
1 – I’ve started doing one of my assignments for Marketing and Communications and it’s so difficult…


2 – I finished watching “I Remember You” and I loved it. The chemistry between the siblings was amazing and they are so handsome!


3 – I had the opportunity the see the Durdle Door with my family. It’s such a beautiful place!



4 – I’ve watched “Pitch Perfect 3” and to be honest I was expecting more from the film.


5 - I've been listening to "Thanks" by Seventeen literally everyday. Their song is stuck in my head


6 - It snowed where I live. It rarely snows here so I was really excited!




Mariana Nunes:
1. February was a difficult month for me. I don’t remember feeling so exhausted, with my exams and oral tests in University. Honestly, things didn’t go well at the end of my first semester. I am very disappointed with myself since I know that I could have done better, yet it was not due to lack of effort that things did not go favourably for me.


2. I finished watching the K-Drama Goblin. I am so happy that Jesika keeps recommending me such beautiful K-Dramas to follow. Goblin was fantastic, a unique story, with funny and charismatic characters. I literally loved every one of them: Ji Eun-tak, Kim Shin, Yoo Duk-Hwa, Sunny, Grim Reaper… but if I had to choose a favourite-favourite I would go for Kim Shin, the man has more than 900 years, has been through a lot, has seen so many of his loved ones leave, however, acts is such a cute way: he is serious when he has to be and the complete opposite of the rest of the time. The ending was nothing of what I was expecting, but it was the perfect way to put a term in the story. If you want to know more about Goblin you should check out Jesika’s amazing review here in Aliferous (click here).


3. I became aware of the K-pop group Sechskies. Truly, I don’t even know how, but I am glad it happened. Sechskies is one of the first-generation idol groups. They debuted in 1997, but sadly, they disbanded in 2000 only reuniting in 2016. The group is composed of Eun Ji-won, Kang Sung-hoon, Lee Jai-jin, Kim Jae-duc, Jang Su-won and Ko Ji-yong (who is an inactive member, but if you wish you can see him in the reality-variety show The Return of Superman, in which he participates with his adorable son Ko Seung-jae). Their music is beautiful, my favourite ones are Couple and Three Words. In addition, all of them have strong personalities and are very funny, providing a considerable amount of hilarious moments.


4. I went to Madeira for four days to see my family, and take the chance to rest a little bit, recharging batteries. It was not a lot of time, far from that, yet I was really happy when the opportunity emerged. 


5. Of course, four days passed in a blink of an eye, and I returned to Lisbon: the second semester at University started. Good.


6. My Eurovision phase started even earlier this year when compared with 2017. Until now, my favourite ones are Italy, Denmark and Greece. Non mi avete fatto niente is a song with a notable meaning, I adore the lyrics. Also, the voices of Ermal Meta and Fabrizio Moro combine so well.


7. Finally, I am also paying attention to what is happening in Festival da Canção, the Portuguese national contest to choose the Portuguese entry for the Eurovision. By the time that I am writing my part of this post, the news about Diogo Piçarra withdrawal of the contest is already out. It's a shame because he was one of my favourites, and in my point of view, he was a strong candidate for the win. Canção do Fim is a gorgeous song, and I believe in Diogo when he says that he had no knowledge of the existence of the song of which he is accused of plagiarism. I respect his decision, and I think that he handled the situation very well. Diogo is a talented guy, and I will keep supporting him. In fact, his love for Music is unquestionable, being a proof of that, for instance, his own statement about the situation, like in the sentence: "My position remains the same in relation to my music - a clear conscience and heads up. But I do not intend to feed this cloud anymore. Everything that has been created around my participation is no longer Music". Furthermore, once Diogo left, I hope that either Janeiro with (sem título) or Cláudia Pascoal with O Jardim conquer the great Victory and represents Portugal in Eurovision. We'll see.


Nb: We do not own any of these GIFs.

Jesika & Mariana

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram