Favourite Eurovision Songs #2


  There is less than a month left for Eurovision which means that the desire to listen to songs from the competition reappears with more force than ever.

  Further, I already made a post about my favourite Eurovision songs, and this time I intend to share with you 10 more amazing songs that I love. So let's get down to the nitty-gritty!

  I hope you like it!

Amir - J'ai Cherché (France 2016)
Amir's voice is beautiful, the melody is wonderful and catchy, and the message important and deep. In addition, the French language is so elegant! Amir was one of my favourites for the win on that year.

Kristian Kostov - Beautiful Mess (Bulgaria 2017)
Beautiful Mess is my type of music, in fact, I can listen to this song on repeat for hours. Kristian Kostov is very talented and in 2017 I remember reading many comments on social media highlighting how young he was, and that he had a bright future waiting for him. I agreed at the time, and I still think the same. If I can make one suggestion, I would advise you to watch Kristian performance of this song on the Chinese TV Show I Am a Singer: It's superb!

Can Bonomo - Love Me Back (Turkey 2012)
Every time I hear this song I feel that it's Summer! It's fresh and the melody is pretty unique. Can Bonomo has a lot of charisma, and you can see that he is having fun performing. This was Turkey last appearance in Eurovision due to dissatisfaction with the rules of the contest.

Mørland & Debrah Scarlett - A Monster Like Me (Norway 2015)
I didn't like this song at all back in 2015. Why? I found it incredibly boring. 2015 was also the year of the duets for me, so that may have contributed to my annoyance with the song. However, last year I was talking with my sisters, and Raquel told me that she loved A Monster Like Me. I was like "What? How?". Then I went to listen to the song again and basically fell in love. Let this be a lesson that opinions are not perpetual. Anyways, this song is brilliant.

Loucas Yiorkas ft. Stereo Mike - Watch My Dance (Greece 2011)
Watch My Dance has a mix of genres that works splendidly. Furthermore, the introduction of traditional Greek melody it's always a good thing to hear.

Sebalter - Hunter Of Stars (Switzerland 2014)
My favourite Switzerland entry (until now) in the competition. It was 13th in the final but deserved better. It's an enjoyable song and Sebalter is very energetic. The music video is also captivating.

Sanja Vučić ZAA - Goodbye (Shelter) (Serbia 2016)
The performance is a bit dramatic, and the singer very expressive. However, none of that matters when you hear her powerful voice and the lyrics of the song. Sanja sings about domestic violence, and the performance, as a whole, conveys the agony and pain derived from the problem. Again, her voice is splendid!

Sabina Babayeva - When The Music Dies (Azerbaijan 2012)
I didn't find the music appealing at the time. In my opinion, it's one of those songs that you need to listen more than once to get the charm. Sabina is stunning, and her voice is excellent. Also, she interprets the song in an extraordinary way.

Jamala - 1944 (Ukraine 2016)
There was a lot of controversies when Jamala won Eurovision in 2016, especially because she placed second both with the jury and in televote, and due to the political content of 1944. Despite all of this, in my point of view, it's difficult to deny how good the song is, and of course, the emotion that Jamala is able to carry in the performance.

Francesco Gabbani - Occidentali's Karma (Italy 2017)
Occidentali's Karma is a masterpiece. It's a funny song that you can dance along and have a good time. I think it's impossible to forget the dance of the refrain and the famous gorilla on stage. Francesco Gabbani did an amazing job! If you have time check out the music video, it’s without a doubt creative and awesome.


Have a lovely weekend & Happy Easter!

Nb: I do not own any of these videos and pictures and I am not trying to infringe copyright here.

Mariana Nunes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram