HELIØS : FEMINΛ


As a said in my last post about Webtoon (click here if you want to read it), the first comic I read on Webtoon was from Michelle Phan. The YouTuber decided to create a comic whilst she was gone from posting videos on her channel. Helios: Femina is the name of her fantasy comic which includes sci-fi, action, mystery, supernatural, drama and romance as well. The comic has in total 35 chapters and the title roughly translated means Sun Woman.

Plot:
After the destruction of the planet Zeru, Rhea Oribel was sent to Earth by her guardian. She grows up without knowing her real origins until she meets Bebo, an alien mascot. Nonetheless, this teenage girl has mystical powers that can help save humanity from an evil government.

My opinion:
In my opinion, the plot was interesting but not something completely new. I have read other stories with a similar plot. Moreover, I feel like there were some chapters that were just a filler and others that had so much information. It was hard to absorb and to fully understand it hence I had to re-read the whole chapter to get to a conclusion. This was one of the reasons why a lot of people complained about this comic. Nevertheless, I like fantasy stories so I decided to read this comic until the end.

In terms of the characters, Rhea is a common character that will save the world. She is kind, brave and beautiful. Kazu is handsome, serious and not a very talkative person. On the hand, Ash is one of those characters that you just want them to disappear. He is incredibly annoying but like most stories, a villain character is needed to make things a little bit more exciting. Bebo, Rhea’s mascot guardian, is probably my favourite character. He is cute, intelligent and friendly. I also liked how Terra was portrayed in this comic. She is brave, fearless, confident and very pretty.

Now talking about the artwork, the comic is visually stunning. I love the combinations of the purple, pink and blue. It reminds me of a galaxy. Furthermore, I like the fact that each chapter has soundtrack music. For some it can be a little bit distracting but, in my opinion, the music helps to set the mood. Unfortunately, this comic ends with a cliffhanger and on top of that a new character is introduced: Aiden, Ash’s clone. As if it wasn’t enough to have one annoying character now we have two. Great.

To sum up, I am a little bit disappointed with how this comic ended. I want to believe that she will create a second "season". However, if that is not the case it will definitely be upsetting. I also want to add that, this comic may not the best but it is not completely bad. 

In case you are interested in reading this comic, here is the link: HELIØS : FEMINΛ 

Nb: I do not own the picture above.


Have you read Helios: Femina? What is your opinion? What other comics do you recommend?

I hope you have a lovely day! (:

Jesika x

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram