Favourite Eurovision Songs #1


  If this is not your first time on this blog, it's not news that I adore Eurovision, that I have been seeing the contest for a few years now, and that I tend to follow the developments of the competition throughout the year.

 Namely, if you're not familiar with Eurovision, or how it works, it's an annual competition in which various member countries of the European Broadcasting Union participate. Each country sends a representative, with an entirely new song. There are two semi-finals and the big final. The winner hosts the Eurovision on the following year, and so on.

 Eurovision has been the stage of many songs: some unforgettable, others special, some entirely crazy, and others simply common... Therefore, for sure I have my reasonable amount of songs from the contest that I enjoyed so much that I still listen occasionally. In this series of posts (yes, I intend to turn this into a series, the list is endless) I am going to share my favourite Eurovision songs with you.
I hope you like it!

Salvador Sobral - Amar Pelos Dois (Portugal 2017)
  From the first time that I heard Salvador sing this music in the National Selection in Portugal, I felt that there was something special about it. The melody is gorgeous, the lyrics are beautiful, and Salvador voice and interpretation is divine. In my opinion, he deserved the victory. 
Alexander Rybak - Fairytale (Norway 2009)
  I listened to this song YEARS ago, it's still one of my big favourites! I remember watching the live performance of Alexander with my sisters, and we didn't have words at the end. He has a powerful voice, excellent charisma, undeniable talent, and the song is so sweet. I truly enjoy listening to Fairytale.

Il Volo - Grande Amore (Italy 2015)
  I am still mad that Grande Amore didn't win in 2015. I was so addicted to the song back in 2015, it's astonishing, and I totally fell in love with the voices of Gianluca Ginoble, Ignazio Boschetto, and Piero Barone.

Aram MP3 - Not Alone (Armenia 2014)
  Aram was my winner in 2014, I was furious when he didn't win (although, yes, I admit that in the live performance his voice, in the beginning, was weak - I will blame the nerves. By the way, even with the low vocals in the start, I still prefer listening to the live performance because the transition, in the end, is more powerful, you can feel it more). Anyways, I really like the song, the violin is a great touch.

Justs - Heartbeat (Latvia 2016)
  2016 was an exceptional Eurovision year. I liked so many songs, yet Justs was my favourite-favourite. I was shocked when in the end he only managed to get the 15th place (it's not bad, but in my opinion, he deserved at least the Top 5). His voice is so compelling, and the song was powerful. I have heard it countless times.

Pastora Soler - Quédate Conmigo (Spain 2012)
  Quédate Conmigo (Stay With Me) is a lovely song. It's that kind of song that you expect to see in a movie when a romantic scene takes place. I don't get tired of listening to it. Additionally, Pastora Soler voice is extraordinary.

Elina Born & Stig Rästa - Goodbye To Yesterday (Estonia 2015)
  I don't know what happened, however, in 2015 I didn't pay attention to this participation at all. Only after the final, after watching a couple of "After final top" I realised that the music deserved my recognition. Both Stig, and especially Elina have wonderful voices and I sing this song a lot unconsciously.

Ermal Meta, Fabrizio Moro - Non mi avete fatto niente (Italy 2018)
  Non mi avete fatto niente is such a deep song. The lyrics are full of significance, the melody is catchy, and the voices of Ermal and Fabrizio are wondrous. Even if you don't know what the message of the song is, you feel that what they are trying to transmit is important. Their interpretation is magnificent, you feel the anger, as well as the hope. The music is a masterpiece, and in my opinion, deserved the victory.

Douwe Bob - Slow Down (The Netherlands 2016)
  I adored the song and the meaning behind it. Douwe voice is distinctive, and the performance was great. I already did an article about Douwe Bob music (click here), and I am a big fan. This was also one of my favourite entries in 2016.

maNga - We Could Be The Same (Turkey 2010)
  I adore this song. The performance is powerful, captivating from the first note until the last second. The melody is fantastic, and his voice is spectacular.

Have a lovely week!

Nb: I do not own any of these videos and pictures and I am not trying to infringe copyright here.

Mariana Nunes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram