Top 5: Favourite Shows #2 – MN


  I did my first part of this article almost a year ago. Time flies indeed. Well, today I intend to tell you about five more TV Shows that I adore and the reason for that.

  Like I said in the first part, watch a TV Show is one of the various ways to get distracted: to forget our personal problems, the daily stress, school, university, work, etc… What is not lacking today are series, for all ages and for all tastes. You do not feel like seeing a police detective series? Then you can opt for a comedy series. Don't you want drama? What about fiction?  The choices are endless nowadays, and that is very good!

  In today’s post, I will list TV Shows that I really enjoy. You can see this as the remaining of my overall Top 10, the continuation of the previous five TV series. I hope you like it!

1. The Royals
  The Royals is a series created by Mark Schwahn that premiered on E! on March 2015. The plot focuses on the fictional contemporary British royal family drama. It all starts when the family receives the news about Robert's death, the eldest son of the kings and the heir to the throne. They get devastated. Then, Liam, the second son, has to deal with the responsibility to be the successor of his father, King Simon Henstridge. Additionally, Eleanor, his twin sister, has to learn how to live with the pain of her brother's death, and how to get her life together, since she is completely lost. Further, the brothers and the King have to deal with Queen Helena strong personality.

  I cherish this series. I don't get tired of the family drama, is very entertaining. In every episode there is a new surprise, the viewer never gets bored. We can see the romance in the characters’ lives, the drama, the parties, their struggles, their lives as members of the English Monarchy... Not to mention, the immense comedic moments that the series provides, they are certainly hilarious.

(The Royals doesn't have an opening, so I decided to put here the scene when the family discovers about Robert's death since is the beginning of everything.)

2. Vikings
  Vikings is a historical drama series written and created by Michael Hirst for the History channel. Ragnar Lothbrok was a legendary Viking, who according to traditional literature, distinguished himself during the 9th century by many raids against Francia and Anglo-Saxon England. It is not known if this legendary figure actually lived or not, however, this TV Show is inspired by him. Ragnar begins the series has a farmer, married to Lagertha with who he has two sons: Bjorn Ironside and Gyda. Ragnar is very ambitious and courageous, he is tired about the facts that Vikings always do the raids to the same places. He believes that there are many lands that Vikings don't know, with great richness. This way, Ragnar follows his intuition, becoming very successful due to his raids into England.

  The series is phenomenal, almost addicting in fact. It follows Ragnar's journey as well as his family and close friends. I believe that, if you like TV Shows such as Game of Thrones, you will like Vikings.

3. How I Met Your Mother
  How I Met Your Mother is a comedy show whose first episode aired in 2005. The plot consists in Ted Mosby that shares to his son and daughter how has he met their mother. Moreover, he shares with his sons’ hilarious moments that he lived with his best friends: Marshall, Lily, Barney and Robin. Although the end of the show wasn't my cup of tea, overall, I enjoyed it. I laughed a lot watching How I Met Your Mother, and even today if I see a scene I still at it. Curiously, I made an article about my favourite funny moments from How I Met Your Mother, if you are interested - click here.

4. Hawaii five-o (2010)
  Hawaii Five-0 is a police crime drama from the USA that premiered in 2010. The show follows an elite state police task force set up to fight major crimes in Hawaii. Steve McGarrett is the leader of this task force that has no restrictions and is always backed by the Governor. With him he has Danny Williams, Chin Ho Kelly, Kono Kalakaua, Max Bergman and Lou Grover (the team stays like this for a major part of the Show, yet be aware that there are significant changes in season 8, with the departures of some lead actors: Daniel Dae Kim, who portrayed Chin, Grace Park, who portrayed Kono and, Masi Oka, who portrayed Max).

  Every time that I have some free time in my home in Madeira, and I have the television all for myself, Hawaii five-o is my number one choice. Although the show follows the characters personal struggles, if you don't watch all episodes, or if you haven't seen them in order, there is no problem, you will understand the entire story of the episode. Honestly, I am not sure how I feel about the change in the cast in season 8 since Chin, Kono and Max were some of my favourite characters. Usually, I don't like when a team that I enjoyed so much change. This said, I completely understand the situation of the actors. I will still give this season a chance.

5. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
  Last but not least, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. This police procedural, legal, crime drama television series first premiered on 1999. Headquartered in New York, the respective team of detectives investigates and prosecute sexually based offences, child abuse, and crimes against the elderly. Each episode features a new story. Since the beginning, the team keeps changing throughout the series, yet Mariska Hargitay that portrays the detective Olivia Benson is present since 1999. This is a very interesting TV Show.

(I choose to put here season 17 intro since is my favourite season until now)



Nb: I do not own any of these videos.

What is your favourite TV Show?
Do you like any of these series?

Hope you’re having a delightful day!

Mariana Nunes

2 comments

  1. Good tips!:) I just finished season two of 13 reasons why and i honestly am blown away. better than s1. Also mindhunter is amazing. Misfits, the office, skins...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've already been told that 13 Reasons Why is a very intense series, I really have to watch it. - Mariana

      Delete

My Instagram