Our month in GIFs - March 2019


You probably must have noticed that we haven’t published ‘Our month is GIFs’ in a while. We decided to bring it back this month. Here’s what happened in our lives this month:

Jesika:
1 – I bought tickets for the BTS concert in London. I can’t wait to see them live!

via GIPHY


2 – I started volunteering at my local hospital. So far, I’m enjoying it! It's always good to contribute back!
3 – I finished reading Dearing Greatly by Brené Brown and it’s such an amazing book! I dare everybody to read it!

via GIPHY


4 – I started packing my belongings this month because I’m moving in to a new home next month. Moving out is really tiring! This is how I feel after packing everything and sorting all the paperwork

via GIPHY


5 – March has been an amazing month for K-pop comebacks and debuts. I’ve got so many songs stuck in my head!

via GIPHY


6 - I'm also happy that the Jonas Brothers are back! My 10-year-old me is crying of happiness

via GIPHY


7 - Mariana and I have been watching  The Smile Has Left Your Eyes on Fridays during our video calls. We are excited for the main actors to be together but we know that the end of this k-drama will break our hearts into tiny little pieces. 

via GIPHY



Mariana:
1. This month I went to two conferences in my Faculty. The first one was about domestic violence, a huge problem in Portugal. It's sad to watch the news and see that we are at the beginning of the year, and the numbers are already catastrophic - 14 people died victims of domestic violence in only three months. The second conference theme was "International Women's Day: Equal Rights". Once again, the conference touched compelling subjects, and even made me think of matters I had never realized were so pertinent.

via GIPHY
2. Jesika and I are currently watching together, trough video call, the K-Drama The Smile Has Left Your Eyes. I am loving it! The story is excellent, and the actors are perfect for the roles. Honestly, this drama deserved way more recognition.

3. In one weekend I watched the first part of the documentary Leaving Neverland, about Michael Jackson's alleged sexual abuse of children. This is a complicated and sensitive subject. While I was watching the documentary I was thinking "there is no way that these two men are lying, they seem genuine". These are quite serious charges about one man that left a great legacy behind. A person doesn't know what to think: in one minute the newspapers are calling him out for being a predator, and in another one, you see a video in which they tell a story of how in one night the singer distributed money to homeless people in Las Vegas. I guess we will never know the entire truth for sure. Personally, I can't think of him the same way.

4. I watched the series You. I liked it very much. It's quite scary to think that nowadays you can have such easy access to the information of another person. A lesson that the show teaches? Don't share everything on social media, and always be careful on the internet. The World is full of crazy people. Anyways, totally recommend it.


5. I am already excited for Eurovision this year. It's going to be entertaining. I already have a few favourite songs, and I am also very happy with Portugal choice for the contest: Conan Osiris, with is song Telemóveis (Phones), is going to give a phenomenal show.

via GIPHY

We don't own any of these GIFs.

Jesika & Mariana

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram